Funk . its not to be celebrated
Sunglasses 
https://www.google.com/search?q=funk

A depressed coward . my goodness
Wow.

WHAT THE FUNK!?
Lies! Damnable lies!

The word funk initially referred (and still refers) to a strong odor. It is originally derived from Latin "fumigare" (which means "to smoke") via Old French "fungiere" and, in this sense, it was first documented in English in 1620. In 1784 "funky" meaning "musty" was first documented, which, in turn, led to a sense of "earthy" that was taken up around 1900 in early jazz slang for something "deeply or strongly felt".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funk
I think I prefer the other definition?!
I CAN'T BELIEVE JANGO IS ATTEMPTING TO CRACK DOWN ON OUR FUNK.
(12-12-2018, 10:41 PM)Trix Wrote: I think I prefer the other definition?!

A long time ago, I read it came from an African word, li funki, meaning "body odor," and was meant to convey the universal human condition. That seems more appropriate. There's nothing gloomy about funk music, so the English definition doesn't really apply.
(12-12-2018, 10:51 PM)Guest Wrote: A long time ago, I read it came from an African word, li funki, meaning "body odor," and was meant to convey the universal human condition.

Totally excellent and right on IMO.
Scholar 
funk, smell of sex
Flipoffnana 
My goodness, look at all the funk being celebrated in this thread! Not at all how the OP planned.

Drool 
INTERMISSION

Looooove belly dancers.
Hump 
Shit's gettin' real now.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)

Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy

Board Rules | Chat | About | Contact

You are what you think about. This is your mind online.