The US Postal Service got shafted by having to deliver everybody's Amazon orders...
Scholar 
Back in the day, it used to all be on UPS.

And that was fair because it's what UPS fucking DOES.

But the postal service?? They deliver LETTERS, yo.

LETTERS. In envelopes.

Not BOXES.

Not a bunch of damn BOXES.

If they're gonna have to deliver peoples' Amazon orders, then they need to get paid more and I GUESS they're gonna need BIGGER VEHICLES.

Does that make sense?

Somebody needs to fix this.
(05-13-2019, 01:55 PM)Mister Obvious Wrote: Does that make sense?

(((Sarcasm)))
So now their job involves a considerable amount of additional work...

But they're not getting paid more.

Are they??

Do they get paid more now?

SOMEHOW I FUCKING DOUBT IT.
It's not right or fair.
i disagree.
rhombus will set you free.
“Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.” ― Michael Ellner
Playing devils advocate. They could be happy they still have a job. Snail mail might be obsolete in the future. Job security. Staying with the times and all that jazz.
(05-13-2019, 08:49 PM)genba Wrote: i disagree.

WTF!

Explain!?
How can you just like...

Disagree and that's it?

LMFAOOO. You're so funny...

Cloudnine
(05-13-2019, 09:02 PM)Kara Wrote: Playing devils advocate. They could be happy they still have a job. Snail mail might be obsolete in the future. Job security. Staying with the times and all that jazz.

We gotta make sure snail mail never dies.
Maybe genba is unibomber2 and relies on the service

idk searching for answers
I feel like maybe he just knows some postal workers on a personal level and can vouch that they're all assholes who deserve the extra workload.
hehe. the usps needed that contract to stay afloat. there was a law passed requiring them to fully fund all pensions and obligations for their employees like that, so they've been in a cash crunch. i think they do a good job, at least locally. your postal workers are on your street every day anyway, it just makes sense that they should also deliver small packages. they always did, it's just different now that so many shop online. they do have some special workers with newer style vans dedicated to delivering packages too burdensome for the walkers.

i don't know any of them, but i do kinda know some ups/fedex guys from various jobs. you wanna talk about crunch time and an excessive workload? they're the ones to talk to. they have VERY tight schedules by which they must keep, otherwise they face penalties. i know UPS guys get paid very well, 70k starting, and there are loads of people waiting to grab that spot. was like a 7-10 year wait from what i heard when i happened to be in a pick up spot where they were welcoming a fresh batch of hires.

while i like the idea of flying drone based delivery, i also hate it. i think a nationwide, highspeed underground transit system would be ideal. we already have one, if only we could use it...

unabomber - UNABOM - UNiversity and Airline BOMber. i have no quarrels with airplanes.
rhombus will set you free.
“Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.” ― Michael Ellner
Great points, Genba...

I really appreciate you explaining.

Your input means a lot to me because I know how intelligent you are...

And you know how I feel about intelligent people...

Bananasex
I dunno, I just want people to get paid enough and not hate what they do.
My ex usps lady fucking hated me, I mean HATED ME
(I have amazon orders almost daily, hell I even order toilet paper online lol)
Oneday I went out as she was pulling up, she didnt see me, I caught her "accidentally" dropping my sewing machine lol
joke was on her thou cos I returned it and she had to deliver another

from that thou Im gona assume they dont get paid more for the extra, I hope Im wrong thou cos that is A TON of extra work

By "accidentally" I mean she threw that shit LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Some of those rural carriers (the ones that drive the white trucks) are loading those vehicles up every fucking day like they're fucking MOVING, it's just shit tons of boxes daily. It must be an incredible bummer. I looked into how much they start at and it's $16 an hour average. That's some bullshit. I can see why they have a reputation for being wound tightly. One thing is for sure, if you EVER see a fat postal worker, I guarantee you they JUST started the job. Those motherfuckers work so hard ALL of them are skinny af.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)

Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy

Board Rules | Chat | About | Contact

You are what you think about. This is your mind online.