Homemade French onion dip from raw ingredients
Information 
This is adapted from a recipe I found on the Pioneer Woman website earlier this summer. I've made it a few times, and it's awesome!

A lot of people use onion soup mix, but the mix has just as much sodium and other crap in it as pre-made dip. Potato chips already have a lot of salt on them, so you don't need to add much to the dip. This dip is just sour cream and spices you probably already have on hand.

The original recipe calls for a cup of sour cream, but since it usually comes in 16 oz. containers, I doubled everything.

16 oz. sour cream

2 tablespoons dried chopped onions

2 teaspoons onion powder

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 teaspoons dried parsley

Mix everything very well so there are no pockets of dry ingredients. You can eat it right away if you want to, but it tastes better and is firmer if you refrigerate it overnight.

https://thepioneerwoman.com/food-and-fri...onion-dip/
Oh hell YES.
I like to mix my dry ingredients into kind of a paste with a tad bit of milk and then mix that into the sour cream... it ensures there are absolutely no crunchy bits.
Running across those crunchy bits in dip is always kinda nasty.
That's a good idea. The main thing about this recipe is, you want to let it sit for a little while for the dried onions to soften up.
Drool 2

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)

Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy

You are what you think about. This is your mind online.