Professor Tardly Explains: A Place for Managing Smells
Blink 
If you boil all of its functions down to a single purpose, that's what the bathroom is.

Every fixture in the room - bath, sink, and toilet - is dedicated to eliminating unpleasant smells and/or replacing them with pleasant smells.

The majority of all scented products are kept in the bathroom. Most are used to manage the smell of our own bodies, while some are for managing the smell of the bathroom itself, or of the whole dwelling.

In ancient times, the various functions of the bathroom weren't centralized in one space.The Romans bathed in public bathhouses. Some high civilizations had plumbing with varying degrees of sophistication, but, until the late 19th century, most people relieved themselves at a discrete distance from a habitable building.

The story of John Crapper inventing the toilet is a myth. His name was Thomas, not John. Thomas Crapper, a plumber, purchased some patents and made improvements. He didn't invent it:

http://johnnojohn.com/

While Sir John Harrington is credited with the invention, it was Alexander Cummings that received the first patent for a flushing water closet....
I'm a proponent of shitting outside.

I believe in urinating around the edge of your property to mark your territory.
Jawdrop 
(11-08-2019, 02:05 PM)Mister Obvious Wrote: I believe in urinating around the edge of your property to mark your territory.

I like the cut of your jib, mister.

Have you seen these new convenience store restrooms that have the soap dispenser, faucet, and hand dryer all in one unit? They even have waterless urinals in those places now.
(11-08-2019, 06:10 PM)Guest Wrote: Have you seen these new convenience store restrooms that have the soap dispenser, faucet, and hand dryer all in one unit? They even have waterless urinals in those places now.

Are those the ones with the weird shape?? Like the three sided shape?? The kind you totally can't wash your hair in?? Not sure if I've seen one, but seems familiar. If so, I don't like those.
(11-08-2019, 09:36 PM)Mister Obvious Wrote: Are those the ones with the weird shape?? Like the three sided shape?? The kind you totally can't wash your hair in?? Not sure if I've seen one, but seems familiar. If so, I don't like those.

They look like this:

https://www.bradleycorp.com/advocate

Everything is up close motion activated, so it would be extremely hard to wash your hair in it.
Yeah what I saw was a variation of that...

That one is actually better.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)

Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy

You are what you think about. This is your mind online.