I think my husband channeled Mary Hamilton
Yoda 
She was a civil rights activist in the 60's, I heard this on NPR in my car the other day. Basically she insisted on being called  Miss when she was in court, the white women were called miss and she didn't want to be called by her first name, she wanted to be called Miss Mary. 

Anyways, I was thinking really hard about this the other day after hearing it because I knew a black lady and she used to call me Miss Creamy, I always felt kinda awkward but I had my kids call her Miss Tia, that was her name. I didn't know this was a black thing and finally understood this after hearing the story on NPR. Nobody else has ever called me Miss Creamy and this woman has been out of my life for 4 years.

My husband came home from work this morning, he was gone all week so he wasn't around to pick up the channel until now. I was doing something in the kitchen and he said, "Miss Creamy".

I don't think he listens to NPR, I know he listens to podcasts but I doubt civil rights is on his topics of interest list.

Anyway, did he channel her, am I mind controlling him still? It's not the first time he's picked up on my thoughts and repeated them. I never say anything to him about it but I'm aware of it and he's not so I'm guessing that I'm controlling him.

Anyone?
Even white people called women "Miss" in the South once upon a time. Everyone called my grandma Miss Irma.
I'm not from the south and my grandmother didn't speak English, the English she did speak were just words us grandchildren asked her to say because she said them funny. I remember her hating little girls being called "young lady". The way she mocked women saying that, she always questioned why are they calling a child a lady?
Where was your grandmother from?
Macedonia, I didn't speak English either until kindergarten so IDK maybe people did say Miss, I just didn't give a fuck.
You put it out into the universe with your mind.

It's the 100th monkey effect...

You put it out there, people pick up on it, and eventually someone ends up expressing it.

Having said that...

The "Miss" thingy is a southern thing in general from what I know...

It seems to stem from old time school, where they called all the teachers "Miss" whomever.
God made me funky...
And I'm glad He blessed me that way.
Do you give a fuck now, or are you like, "Nah, forget it. Yo, Holmes, to Bel Air!"
(12-02-2017, 07:08 PM)Trix Wrote: You put it out into the universe with your mind.

It's the 100th monkey effect...

You put it out there, people pick up on it, and eventually someone ends up expressing it.

Having said that...

The "Miss" thingy is a southern thing in general from what I know...

It seems to stem from old time school, where they called all the teachers "Miss" whomever.

Her friend started the Ms. movement. I always called my black and white teachers, miss or mrs. or ms. There was one black ms. But we say the last name, not the first name. I've never heard anyone address anyone as miss and their first name until I met this woman. I was older than her, I read that you call this to people that are older than you.
(12-02-2017, 07:10 PM)Russian Bot Wrote: Do you give a fuck now, or are you like, "Nah, forget it. Yo, Holmes, to Bel Air!"

Sort of since my husband called me Miss Creamy, I'm only 2 years older than him. I found it offensive the first time I was called mam though, it's not something a young looking woman like myself likes to hear.
(12-02-2017, 07:13 PM)Cream of Caulk Wrote: I've never heard anyone address anyone as miss and their first name until I met this woman.

Yep it's always "Miss" and the first name...

I've heard ladies say it around here forever, usually in a school setting, like the teachers call each other that and the students call them that.

I think it's a southern thing, maybe that lady was southern.
God made me funky...
Yeah, mainly to women older than you. But we called nearly all the ladies that in church. Of course they were all older than me last time I attended church regularly too...
ROFL.
God made me funky...
There's an FBI profile for the way a person speaks and writes. That's how they caught the unabomber, at least figured out most of his profile that way.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)

Manage Subscription

Board Rules - About Us - Disclaimer - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Contact Us

Tarot Readings | Email Counseling | Chat | YouTube | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Spreadshirt | Etsy

SOHO

GCP

USGS

You are what you think about.

This is your mind online.