I don't shoot guns often, but when I do, I shoot revolvers.
Dancing Banana 
My dad's a revolver man, and so am I. This isn't either one of us in the video. Old dude has a cool setup though. The .45 that shoots .410 shotgun shells is just sick.

I only started messing with guns in the last couple of years. I was afraid of guns for most of my life. I think all of the batshit Antifa crap last year was what finally convinced me to arm myself. Like most things, it turned out not to be such a big deal. As Ann Coulter said, "You just have to get used to the idea of a small explosion going off in your hands."

My first revolver was a Ruger LCR .38 Special +P snub nose that I paid too much for at Bass Pro Shop. I can't hit the broad side of a barn with that little bastard. I suppose it would make a good concealed carry gun. If somebody ran up on me, I could put it in their face and give them a God-awful headache.

One day I was at my dad's house, and we were shooting at paint cans and shit, and out comes this dandy old Ruger Security-Six .357 Magnum. Want! I got it from him at a decent price. If I'd known I'd be coming into a .357 soon, I wouldn't have bought the .38 Special. The .357 will fire .38 rounds, which makes the .38 redundant unless I ever want to tote a pocket gun.

My dad used to have this big honkin' Smith & Wesson .44 Magnum revolver like Dirty Harry had. He eventually traded it to the neighbor's kid for a .22 revolver. I ain't gonna fuck with no .44 Magnum, y'all. I just don't see a point to it. Now shooting .410 shells from a .45 revolver would be a different story.
Heh. I just found a box of .357 hollow points with only six rounds gone out of the box. I wish there was a place I could shoot them around here. The shooting range only allows paper cutters. Shooting paper targets isn't very much fun anyway. I wanna blow up some beer cans and shit.
I sleep with a revolver in arm's reach.
God made me funky...
And I'm glad He blessed me that way.
(12-05-2017, 12:32 AM)Trix Wrote: I sleep with a revolver in arm's reach.

Uuuuunnnnngh! What kind o' pea shooter you got, sweet cheeks?
S&W Airweight.
God made me funky...
That looks similar to my LCR. I hope you're a better shot with it than I am.
It's hammerless!
God made me funky...
LOL! No, it's not. The hammer is inside the housing. It couldn't fire without one.
I think the main reason I was afraid of guns early on was because I was introduced to them by way of semiautomatic weapons. In boot camp, they basically put semiautos in my hand with no explanation of how they work. Take a look at the two guys at the beginning of this video. Both were convinced their guns were unloaded, and a jane with less than a year's worth of experience handling firearms quickly proved them wrong.

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me, my husband owes me a revolver. I was supposed to pick one out and I never went to look.

He's trying to talk me out of it because he doesn't think those are safe and you can drop one and it will go off. I just think it's easier to use. He got a walther p22 for me and I feel more comfortable handling it, the Ruger is too heavy. I was mostly worried about the bullets not being big enough but he told me that a robber won't keep coming towards me if I keep shooting, he'll run away first.
What kind of Ruger is it? The .38 Specials like Trix and I have are very light.

A heavier gun is actually an advantage with higher calibers. It absorbs more of the recoil so it kicks less. The lightweight snub nose .38s don't kick anyway. Tell your husband you want to try one. It's really the smallest caliber that's useful for self defense.
IDK what kind of Ruger it is, here's a picture of it.

I had an incident with a stranger ringing my bell in the middle of the night on a Monday night recently so I've been on edge because of that. They usually don't attempt to break in if they see someone is home. I keep my car in the driveway now too and my husband put more lights around the house.
I flinch when I shoot that one but it could be those bullets, my husband has home defense bullets for it but IDK what we are shooting when we go out. I need to get more comfortable with guns, they still scare me. I think the walther I'm ok with.
I'm getting a 403 on that site, sugar plum. Can you ask hubby what it is?
Just seeing a gun in your hand is usually enough to scare would-be evil-doers away. But that's no guarantee. If you pull a gun during a confrontation, you'd best be ready to give somebody lead poisoning.
He said it's a p95 9mm, nothing fancy he said, military gun. Cheap bullets but reliable.
I think you'd like a .38 Special. It's basically point and click.
That's what I want but my husband is against them.
Whaaaaat?!? It's one of the most popular concealed carry guns in America. Is he against .38 Specials in particular, or against you having your own gun in general?
He just wants me to use the walther. I was just practicing with him and he shows me there is no bullet in the chamber and he starts clicking and it just scares the shit out of me and the practice session is ruined and over.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)

Manage Subscription

Board Rules - About Us - Disclaimer - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Contact Us

Tarot Readings | Email Counseling | Chat | YouTube | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Spreadshirt | Etsy

SOHO

GCP

USGS

You are what you think about.

This is your mind online.