Study: Video Games “Feminize” Males By Suppressing Male Hormone Production
Book 
https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-03-11-v...ction.html

If you think this wasn't done intentionally, think again...

They've been studying the effects of various media on the brain for decades, everything from flicker rates to how simulation of combat (instead of real combat) interacts with all facets of the biological process.
God made me funky...
And I'm glad He blessed me that way.
I was always skeptical of e-sports being called a sport. In the end it´s gamers watching other gamers being good at a game and somehow they were given an arena to play in front of audiences and get sponsors, ad revenue etc.

But, those things don´t make it a genuine sport. That article to me just reinforces this notion.
i disagree with the slant on this.

>We suggest that the informal and familiar environment as well as relatively short play duration help account for generally null findings.

null findings. the theory of the study was that testosterone would be released during gaming, with it being more prevalent in the winners. that's how it goes for physical sports. i wouldn't have expected gaming to release more T, but certain games can promote adrenaline release.

this study shows no evidence of gaming suppressing T production, it just doesn't produce it. many activities do not produce T, are those also `feminizing` males? the study makes no mention of gaming producing feminine hormones either.

i would also argue that choosing LoL as the game was a poor choice. it's an isometric view where you control multiple people. i've never gotten adrenaline rushes from that type of game. they should have chosen a first person perspective game. quake 3 arena and unreal tournament 2k4 were like pure IV adrenaline to me back in the day.

i'm also curious if they were accounting for other things, like how much caffeine / sugar the subjects had ingested. caffeine can account for the aldosterone decrease.
rhombus will set you free.
“Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.” ― Michael Ellner
(03-11-2018, 04:33 PM)Trix Wrote: They've been studying the effects of various media on the brain for decades, everything from flicker rates

Regardless of any effect on testosterone production, there are other sinister applications of flicker rate. One patent describes a method of artificially inducing flicker under computer program control to manipulate alpha waves in the brain, effectively hypnotizing the subject. Alex Jones and Prison Planet have been all over this recently.
(03-12-2018, 04:48 AM)genba Wrote: i'm also curious if they were accounting for other things, like how much caffeine / sugar the subjects had ingested. caffeine can account for the aldosterone decrease.

Good point. I've noticed that guys who are heavy into gaming tend to drink a lot of cola. A consequence of the "informal environment" is that it doesn't take all possible factors into account.
Three more movie suggestions for you, Trix.

Looker, 1981

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082677/

Brainstorm, 1983

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085271/

Dreamscape, 1984

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087175/

These aren't sappy love stories. All related to the subject.
Also, one of the best TV shows ever, if you can find it.

VR.5, 1995

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112209/

This premiered the same night as The X-Files on Fox, but it only ran for one season.

I found a very good high-resolution DVD rip from the original sources on a lesser-known auction site.
At least they’re all old movies, that makes the concept of watching them acceptable. I just won’t watch new shit from Hollywood, I’m done.
God made me funky...
(03-12-2018, 12:48 PM)Trix Wrote: At least they’re all old movies, that makes the concept of watching them acceptable. I just won’t watch new shit from Hollywood, I’m done.

Yes. I have tons of pre-2000 movies on Laserdisc, and only a handful of more recent videos on DVD. All of the Laserdiscs are secondhand Ebay finds, which means Hollywood gets no money from me buying them. PWN3D.
Nice work dude!!!
God made me funky...
(03-12-2018, 01:08 PM)Trix Wrote: Nice work dude!!!

It's not 5-D chess. It's just realizing that the only way to degrade the ability of a corporation or bureaucracy to get away with shenanigans is to hit them in the wallet. Money is all they fucking know and understand. Deprive them of it, and they'll get nice in a hurry.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)

How To Support Sectual | Manage Your Subscription

Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Board Rules | About | Contact

Chat | YouTube | Instagram | Spreadshirt | Etsy

You are what you think about. This is your mind online.