All social media/networking sites are pure shit, people need their own sites...
Scholar 
That's the conclusion I've come to, and I'll tell you why...

The social media/networking sites like Facebook and Twitter were FOUNDED with BAD INTENTIONS. The execs who were there when Facebook was built literally said that it was designed to emotionally manipulate people, FROM THE START, and now over a decade later they are publicly professing that social media is ripping society apart.

These sites which were INVENTED to MANIPULATE, to influence, to dumb people down and make people dependent on them for their 'fix' are now so authoritarian that people can't stand it... giving rise to ALTERNATIVE versions of these sites popping up, such as Minds.com and Gab.ai.

These social media 'alternatives' are USELESS, because they are alternatives for things that started with BAD INTENTIONS and never should have existed in the first place. The 'alternatives' for Facebook and Twitter are trying to replace their totally manipulative system, when the truth is, social media and social networking sites ARE NOT THE WAY TO GO.

One communistic society is not better than another communistic society, because in the end, they ALWAYS eat their own and fucking FAIL! The 'alternatives' to Facebook and Twitter will eventually be just as bad as those sites because the WHOLE ENTIRE PRINCIPLE of social media/networking sites is bad.

People need THEIR OWN WEBSITES. That's WHY these social media sites sprung up... so that people WOULDN'T make their own sites, and share their opinions on platforms that were under THEIR OWN CONTROL. Instead, people were conditioned to share their thoughts on these communist platforms which over time shaped the way they were 'allowed' to share and what they were 'allowed' to say. No cookie for you if you don't tow the line and say what everybody wants to hear rather than what you REALLY think. A decade of that, and people are now not only conditioned to 'hold back', but they're also CLUELESS about making their own websites and a lot of them don't even consider it an OPTION.

That's what they wanted when they created these social networking sites...

I'm done with them. I'm not using FB, Twitter, etc. and I have to say Minds.com and Gab.ai will never see any dedication of my time because I DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE FOUNDING PRINCIPLES OF SOCIAL MEDIA/NETWORKING SITES.

Now this is a realization that's been coming to me for A WHILE... but it just dawned on me good and clear today, and I want to encourage EVERYONE to make YOUR OWN SITES.

Register your own domain, load up Wordpress or a forum like this one onto your domain... and SHARE your REAL thoughts there. Trading one internet ghetto for the other is not the answer and it will never be a solution.
God made me funky...
And I'm glad He blessed me that way.
I think 1 website for every hundred people is plenty , we could divide up into communes like they do in china , every commune has a leader and cracks the whip when necessary . Hillary Clinton can be in charge of the Truth ministry and decide what true facts are even allowed on the new internet . If you have a dispute over what is allowed then you can appeal to Bill Clinton .
I dunno...I find most cannot fathom the truth.
Most want to be in control.
I should know..I am banned on most forums.

I give me less than a week here.
Okay.
God made me funky...
I share your instinct about social media sites being fundamentally bad for us. IMO they´re not even useful for political purposes, they just create echo chambers.
Perhaps in a very close election, they could matter... Maybe... lol.
(03-12-2018, 12:24 AM)Guest Wrote: I dunno...I find most cannot fathom the truth.
Most want to be in control.
I should know..I am banned on most forums.

I give me less than a week here.

That's why you need your own site. They can't ban you from your own site. I mean unless you forget to pay the hosting bill.
(03-11-2018, 08:35 PM)Guest Wrote: I think 1 website for every hundred people is plenty

As far as gathering points go, maybe. You need an individual blog if you're going to publish articles on a specific subject because not everybody on a general purpose community site will be interested in the same subjects. You could do it as a "channel" on a general purpose site, but you never know when the owners will decide the subject or material is wrongthink.

I actually had some cool ideas for a new social media platform, but I'm not really interested in administering one. I'd probably just release the software and let other people host their own. For that matter, some of the features sort of depend on there being multiple instances of the platform scattered around the Web. I have no ideas about how to keep it from devolving into little echo chambers though. People have a tendency to do that to themselves, for the most part.

I wrote a thread on Gab explaining step-by-step how to build a website on the cheap, but I deleted my Gab account. I ain't typing all of that again. Basically you just need to get a hosting account and a domain name and install some free software. It's easy to figure out by Googling. Everything comes with simple instructions and free technical support. All you need is $100 a year and an attention span, really.
Possibly the worst aspect of social media has been the rise of the trolls. You see them everywhere you go online: that vast army of lazy fuckers who haven't accomplished anything themselves, yet deem themselves qualified to shit on the accomplishments of others.

"Only 480P? What a shitty video!"

Okay. Let's see your videos, jerk.

"You built a computer from a kit? Whoopteedoo! I dug my own silicon out of the ground and made all of my microchips from scratch in an Easy Bake oven."

Good for you. Why don't you post a thread showing how you did that?

"Your cheesy little website will never compete with Faecesbook, loser!"

That wasn't exactly the point of making a lolcat website, now was it?

And on and on and on.

People don't value things they get for free. Believe it or not, there are discussion boards like this one that require a paid subscription to post on them -- and the posters gladly pay it. And the quality of the OPs and replies are outstanding. If anyone says you can't monetize a simple website, they're wrong.

As if letting other people psych you out weren't bad enough, there are many ways in which people psych themselves out. They assume anything technical is going to be way over their heads. Totally not true!

Who was the World Wide Web invented for? Computer scientists and Ph.D.s? An elite technocracy with deep pockets or corporate backing?

NO!

HTML was designed to be dead simple for a reason. GoDaddy and others sell cheap hosting for a reason. Free software exists for a reason. The infrastructure was designed the way it was for a reason. And that reason is so you and I don't have to be beholden to government or corporations for access to the means of production.

It was designed, not to be the exclusive domain of a handful of corporations with traffic bottlenecks and single-points-of-failure, but a distributed network immune to catastrophic failure. Remember a few years ago when Amazon AWS went down for 4 hours, and half of the Web stopped working? And not a single fucking apology from Amazon during or after the incident. That never would've happened if the Web was being used as intended.

Think about it. Think about how they're fucking you. Think about how you're bending over and letting them fuck you.
If people are gonna be that superficial, whether it’s an internet ghetto or somebody’s living room, who the hell wants to hang out with them in the first place?
God made me funky...
(03-12-2018, 12:37 PM)Trix Wrote: If people are gonna be that superficial, whether it’s an internet ghetto or somebody’s living room, who the hell wants to hang out with them in the first place?

People tend to be more respectful on smaller, well-moderated sites. Large sites are more resistant to rape, pillage, and plunder. For example, the trolls shitting up YouTube comments aren't a threat to YouTube's survival because the quantity and value of the content far outweighs a handful of people's opinions about the content. Unfortunately YouTube has that whole censorship thing working against it.
I know you’ve boycotted YouTube, but for me, there are some people on there who I just wanna see whether it’s 240p or not... I can’t imagine bitching over quality. Those who do are the same people who only date people who have a certain hair color or eye color or height or whatever kind of absolutely meaningless knuckle dragging reasoning.
God made me funky...
It's the same spoiled brats who nitpick about the frame rate on video games.

I've actually un-boycotted YouTube since then. I don't log in anymore, but I still watch videos. I've disrupted Goolag's tracking with browser plugins enough that they can't follow me all over the Web and real life.
Somebody finally fucking gets it! Block all of that shit and send Zuckerberg to the poorhouse. Banana

Social networking sites have always been about STALKING PEOPLE.

I used to be able to stalk down total strangers I’d seen out at the store who I thought were hot without even knowing their names.

And those were the MySpace days.
God made me funky...
It's getting harder to find people's personal information. You have to pay for reports on stalking sites nowadays.

I promised to do a thread on Gab on how to eliminate tracking, but I didn't get around to it before I deleted my account. I'll give a detailed explanation of what they're doing and how to prevent it in this thread later. In the meantime, here's the short answer.

Install the uBlock and Privacy Badger plugins in your browser. The default settings will go a long way.
You posted this on the 11th and you come back now after fapping hard for a week and tell us all how its going to be? Negra puuuhhhuleeeesseeeeee!
(03-16-2018, 07:01 AM)Trix Wrote: Social networking sites have always been about STALKING PEOPLE.

I used to be able to stalk down total strangers I’d seen out at the store who I thought were hot without even knowing their names.

And those were the MySpace days.

Try stalking me, I give you a mission, if you accept it, which you wont because you are pissweak.
But still if you did choose to accept it, try to find me? I bet ye can noo!
Fungus...

Maybe if I knew you were hot.

Or had even been hot at one point in your life...
God made me funky...
(03-16-2018, 08:25 AM)Trix Wrote: Fungus...

Maybe if I knew you were hot.

Or had even been hot at one point in your life...

Just imagine I am, then try to stalk me, you can not find me.
But I have been giving you clues on purpose.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)

Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Board Rules | Contact

About | Chat | Spreadshirt | eBay | Etsy

You are what you think about. This is your mind online.