The Crossroads Moment: Fame and the deals made to attain it...
Hmmm 
So by now we've all heard about people 'selling their soul' to be famous and all that kinda stuff...

It's called the "Crossroads Moment" and it's been talked about a lot by some people who were presented with the opportunity but turned it down in order to maintain their moral fortitude.

Here's a video about it by a well known YouTuber who isn't afraid to discuss these kind of topics:

I've talked about this a little bit in some other threads, which I'll quote below...

(01-25-2018, 03:51 AM)Trix Wrote: I think these famous people are eventually killed when their 'contracts' run out, or when they ultimately fail to do what they promised they would during their 'crossroads moment'. Never a free ride. If you don't stick to the agreements, they kill you. And sometimes it's creeper... they don't do it for years. But they always eventually do. Kinda like that one scene in V for Vendetta...

(06-08-2018, 03:50 PM)Trix Wrote: I've also been thinking lately that when you have a 'crossroads moment', if you agree but compromise on their terms so as to not sacrifice your own morals, I honestly think they make you strike an "eventual suicide" deal...

Like one day your time is just up and you either kill your own self, or they have somebody come and suicide you.

In my opinion, when one is offered "The Deal" and they accept, but with a few caveats, then there are a few options they probably have...

One is to simply be killed when they go against the set rules of the agreement. Two is that they may agree to "commit suicide" once their deal is up. Three is that they might just have their entire career ruined and be rejected by 'the system' as a discredited crazy person, who gets to keep their life.

Now let me just say this...

These are the situations involved in the OLD GUARD fame paradigm.

With the internet, anybody can be famous...

The rules have changed.

That's not to say that someday the forces of evil won't win out and the internet might be controlled to a point where they have their old rules set up on the new platform...

But for now, it's the wild west. 

Anyone can be famous on the internet, for good reason or for no reason at all.

This is the gateway to scot-free fame today. I pity the people who are still trying to get on TV, get into modeling, get into movies, or get into the music industry via the old guard paradigm...

It's astounding to me that people are still brainwashed into it and actually still see it as some type of gateway.

Alas, they do. People of all ages still do.

While they're dirtying their hands doing fucked up shit to be famous for nothing, those of us who master the internet are able to have whatever we want and answer to fucking NO ONE, make deals with fucking NO ONE, and keep our hands clean. 

Teehee! Sucks to be the old guard!

But...

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure there are a few old guard famous people out there who don't have terrible souls and bloody hands and whatnot.

They're few and far between, of that I'm certain.

I'm sure they exist...

The only question is...

Do they have a 'suicide countdown' hanging over their heads?

And if they do...

Is there a way for them to escape into the new paradigm?

I wonder who will be the brave ones to attempt such a feat.
God made me funky...
And I'm glad He blessed me that way.
Ill bust a cap in tresspasser before I commit suicide

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)

How To Support Sectual | Manage Your Subscription

Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Board Rules | About | Contact

Chat | YouTube | Instagram | Spreadshirt | Etsy

You are what you think about. This is your mind online.