I just deleted my Facebook, here's a video showing how you can too...
nanarub 

Starkiss
God made me funky...
And I'm glad He blessed me that way.
Was this your personal account, with friends and family, or just your social media account? Do you have more than one account, I guess is what I"m asking, and if so, are you deleting all of them?
I have never used Facebook as a "real person"...

Back when Facebook was very first rolled out, all the MySpacers were pretty pissed about it and thought it sucked because you had to use your real name etc.

That was back in the good ol' days before the principles of internet usage were wholly violated...

I posted my thoughts on it here:

(08-10-2018, 04:27 PM)Trix Wrote: I gotta be real about it...

Noelle posted this thing on her FB, a post from 2009 and then a recent post of her nieces and talking about how they're all grown up now etc.

The first pic was her in the pool with them and they were like lil kids 'n shit. The second pic was them with Noelle as teenagers.

And I'm just like oh. My. God.

That was 2009, which has ALMOST been 10 years. Unbelievable.

And it's all there on Facebook.

FB watching people grow up...

That truly makes me sick.

This is why I don't actually use social media, to share my life...

I don't post pics of myself, I don't do any of that shit.

All my pics (for the most part) are just on my own site, and they're not out in the open to find that easily either.

THE WORLD around us and the places we visit etc., those are the ones that are supposed to see us GROW and CHANGE.

Not the fucking internet/social media full of AI and technoglobalists.

Fuck that!

The internet is cerebral... it should showcase mental growth and change if anything.

That's all I care about the internet for... the intellectual. And therefore that's basically all I give it.

People shouldn't allow their lives to be tracked that way... that's fucked up.

People need to keep their real life off the internet. Your real name should never be used on the internet, your family should never be tied to you on the internet, etc.

All these foundational rules and principles have been broken.

I'm not participating in it, I never have. Never will. It doesn't belong here.

I would never use any social media site under my real name, much less tie friends and family to it.

And even all this 'alternative' social media crap that's popping up is worthless to me...

It's all just beating around the bush, and I am going to cut to the chase:

The goal is to have your own website.

Period.

Everyone have their own website, and IF ANYTHING, use social media to direct traffic to it.

We need to get back to the foundation of the internet when it was about about having a domain name (or a hundred domain names, LOL) and building your own damn site.
God made me funky...
I'm having trouble letting go of it because of the fact that some of my clients are friends and might see it as extreme, which is absurd I know... but mainly because it's how most of my friends and family communicate now. But I can't live with it given what's happening. Fuck.
I've decided I'm going to wait until the end of August, make sure I've got everyone's contact info that I desire to continue communicating with, make sure people understand my intentions so it's not out of left field, get all my non-backed-up images dl'd, and then I'm going to cut that shit off.
(08-11-2018, 05:38 PM)LuxuryTaco Wrote: I'm having trouble letting go of it because of the fact that some of my clients are friends and might see it as extreme, which is absurd I know... but mainly because it's how most of my friends and family communicate now.

I know...

And that's what "they" wanted when they decided to hoard everyone into these "internet ghettos"...

I just choose to lead by example...

It's crazy we have to "pioneer" having our own websites again.

Just goes to show that history never stops repeating itself, and everything is cyclical.
God made me funky...
(08-11-2018, 05:50 PM)Trix Wrote: It's crazy we have to "pioneer" having our own websites again.

Well you seem to be doing a great job at it, in my opinion
I got one ? Where in the hell is my buddy fungi from down under? 
Did he go MIA
(08-11-2018, 05:14 PM)Trix Wrote: The goal is to have your own website.

We need to get back to the foundation of the internet when it was about about having a domain name (or a hundred domain names, LOL) and building your own damn site.

This. Don't just agree with the statement in principle, but actually fucking do it.

(08-11-2018, 05:50 PM)Trix Wrote: It's crazy we have to "pioneer" having our own websites again.

And this. For early adopters of the World Wide Web like Trix and me, learning HTML and seeing your own working website online was one of the most thrilling things you could do. It's amazing how, 20 years later, most people have somehow become convinced these things are over their heads. It's not hard at all. It was expressly designed to be easy for the layman. I'll repost my "how to" guide from my deleted Gab account if anyone is interested.

(08-11-2018, 05:38 PM)LuxuryTaco Wrote: I'm having trouble letting go of it because of the fact that some of my clients are friends and might see it as extreme....

A lot of people, including potential employers, think it reflects negatively on you if you don't have a Facebook account. I was goaded into opening a Facebook account some years ago by some people in a motor scooter club I was hanging out with. Once I had the account though, I found nobody was even reading my posts.

Having your own website or blog, where you honestly post whatever facts about yourself (e.g., hobbies, interests, business) you think the world should know, could help ameliorate suspicion from people who think not being on social media is abnormal* by showing you're not completely antisocial. You can use e-mail or a secure instant messaging program to communicate with friends and family. The Web is really a publishing platform anyway, not an ideal substitute for personal communication channels.

* As if using the Internet as a substitute for a real social life were normal. right?
(08-14-2018, 12:23 PM)Guest Wrote: I was goaded into opening a Facebook account some years ago by some people in a motor scooter club I was hanging out with. 

disgust
I say just delete alex the big faker. I bett some waterboarding would loosen up a lil confession on his real identity.Trix i love you but your lust for alex the faker is making me so mad !
(08-14-2018, 12:23 PM)Guest Wrote: And this. For early adopters of the World Wide Web like Trix and me, learning HTML and seeing your own working website online was one of the most thrilling things you could do. It's amazing how, 20 years later, most people have somehow become convinced these things are over their heads. It's not hard at all. It was expressly designed to be easy for the layman. I'll repost my "how to" guide from my deleted Gab account if anyone is interested.

i was enthralled as a teenager learning win16/32 APIs, HTML, and then DHTML/CSS. i ended up writing my own notepad++ style app with built in templates for CSS stuff i liked to do. i've been lookin through various programs for website design and i gotta say, all i've seen so far are shit. so much of it is web based cookie cutter template bullshit. it makes me want to dig up my old hard drives and just rebuild the site i used to have, lol. i think most of it is deprecated, though.

odd to think about how the era of tripod, geocities, and angelfire was the golden era...
rhombus will set you free.
“Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.” ― Michael Ellner

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)

How To Support Sectual | Manage Your Subscription

Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Board Rules | About | Contact

Chat | YouTube | Instagram | Spreadshirt | Etsy

You are what you think about. This is your mind online.