My very own Abstract Oracle deck...
Sunglasses 
http://store.sectual.com/product/abstrac...-download/

I painted this deck a little over 2 years ago.

I only offer it as a digital download right now, but in the future I want to get physical decks made.

I'm kind of spoiled because I have the original deck...

Chuckle

They're a tad hard to shuffle with the paint, but it's a great deck.

As a tarot/oracle card enthusiast and collector, it's exciting to finally unveil my own creation.

Besides being an oracle deck, there are also the hi-res copies of each painting by itself (34 of them).

The cover pic is one of my top faves in the deck.
God made me funky...
And I'm glad He blessed me that way.
Phoenix, bro.

Keep my panties on.

It's called abstract art okay.
God made me funky...
What are you even doing here bro?

Is Elaine's site like, not enough for you?
God made me funky...
I get it, it's karma...

I made fun of you once for using playing cards as tarot cards in VC.

Can you get over it now?
God made me funky...
I was dumber back then.
God made me funky...
Are you trying to lead me into an anti-semitic joke bro?
God made me funky...
Your intolerance is making me sooo uncomfortable right now though.
God made me funky...
Trix's oracle would be probably be very powerful, I love tarot and might have to get this to help guide me.

I tried to create two oracles once a long time ago (not sure if they have been done better since), one was called the Yin and Yang deck and then I made a fine art deck that was based on the Rider Waite. Never did anything with them though.
That is SO COOL, Kitty.

I knew an amazing artist guy years back who I always encouraged to illustrate his own deck, it would have been RAD.

I know another artist, I would love for her to create her own deck, the art would be killer.

I think everybody who's interested in divination should make their own decks, at least one of them...

Homemade decks (made by you) are 10 times more powerful and to the point than other decks, BECAUSE you as the creator understand them so intimately and have tailored them to your most understood concepts.
God made me funky...
Thanks! I love divination and tarot and always enjoyed looking at how other artist's interpret or perceive the same cards.

Some of the words you used like "balance" reminded me of my Yin/Yang deck which was not based on tarot or anything but kind of my own divine inspiration--which, I agree, is a better way to understand your own path!!

It's amazing to see what artists create and come up with. I'm not a fine artist by any means, but for the other one I created I found popular modern and historical artwork that I thought embodied the tarot card in question and kind of created my own deck from that.

I wish I still had both of them, but I never backed up any stuff on my laptops and lost it all over the years. They might be on some dead laptops I have if I can figure out how to extract the data from the hard drives. Oh well, sometimes things in life are meant to be temporary.
(09-14-2018, 11:53 PM)Trix Wrote: Elaine

If I may ask...
Who is this?
Mother Elaine...

http://www.alien-earth.com/forum/index.php
God made me funky...
omg gorgoeus! Blowkiss3
There are several artist on eBay particularly abstract painters. Most whom I seen tend to be woman. And do plenty of exchanges online and make decent buck. I'm not to sure if there sales are attributed to the fact that they are well establish off the internet previously or well known names. But I see many ebay Bstract painters sell decently provided that it's mostly larger paintings. And are strictly heavy oil paint. Like copious amount of texture. They probably have 80 large extremly large pieces already on eBay for sell rite now. And like... thru a years time sell 50 at like 300 to 600 piece
Not only do you have to buy rolled canvas and buy wood and co struct these canvas yourself and stretch canvas
That's very interesting...

hmmm

I think it's all down to the individual.

What are you trying to accomplish with the art??

How much time do you have to devote to it??

For me, I have a lot of time to devote to it...

But I'm not gonna spend that time making my own canvas.

It's just not gonna happen.

I'm gonna spend that time making as much art as I can.

Because there is a PURPOSE and PROCESS for me...

I know exactly what I am doing re: the function the creation of art serves for me, and what it is helping me express and 'eject'.

But that is a private matter.
God made me funky...
I see art (all art) as a process of transmutation.

It's sort of like alchemy.
God made me funky...
I like spending my time doing projects and seeing my projects come to life no matter how small or big that task of doing so. I don't concider myself a painter artist. Rather Im exploring and discovery. Mind you one successful artist told me art and the techniques involved with abstract is that you learn through technique. And each technique you do discover you add it in your recipe book. That made perfect sense to me and so I keep in mind of many techniques that can be used in abstract. But also remembering that colors evoke a person's feelings or something.
I totally respect that.

But I also totally ignore such advices.

To assert that there's any 'technique' that you can 'learn' which is required for not only abstract art, but ANY art, is restrictive, limiting and completely stifling...

And it's for people who don't understand the principles behind what art is and what is really going on here.
God made me funky...
I take a look on eBay and I ask questions about others art and as you already know you can see the paintings they have sold to people.. so I kinda know what people want to see and buy. It actually looks like a lucrative side option -wolfwoof
I don't care what people want to buy...

I don't care what's "lucrative".

It's not about money...

It's about expression, and exchange.

If someone wants to buy it and exchange the energy with me...

If somebody wants to have a physical object I have used/made to express myself (concepts, emotions, subconscious material, etc.), then they CAN.

If they don't...

If they NEVER DO...

That is not my concern.
God made me funky...

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)

How To Support Sectual | Manage Your Subscription

Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Board Rules | About | Contact

Chat | YouTube | Instagram | Spreadshirt | Etsy

You are what you think about. This is your mind online.