So is "bad eyesight" really a thing...
Hmmm 
Or are we supposed to see the world this way?
So I went to the eye doc today to get contacts...

I'd worn them for like a decade, but then a few years back I had to stop wearing them because they started burning the shit out of my eyes. I went to a doc who told me my eyes were 'scarred' from wearing the contacts 'wrong' (which I never did, took 'em out every day, they were always clean). He said I'd never be able to wear contacts again. He said I'd probably just end up getting laser surgery, which he was an 'expert at'. Well I believed him for years... until recently when I got to thinking, he was probably just trying to pull a fast one on me. Tell me I'd have to wear glasses forever unless I got laser surgery... figured it was just a mind control trick so he could make bank.

Today I go to the doc, I get the contacts in... and they're like SUPER fucked up. Not only that, the vision was SO SHARP. Like, I get it. That's how it goes. They tell you to come in every year (couple years) so they can crank up the sharpness and then your eyes "adjust" to that and your vision just gets progressively worse every time.

But it was SO SHARP. I'm like WTF. Is shit REALLY supposed to look like this, COME ON!?

The guy's like, "How are they feeling?" I'm like, "GREAT!" But of course I'm walking around blinking and shit and they just get increasingly uncomfortable. Then after a few mins. he's checking them out and I'm like, "You know it's weird, they're kinda blurry." He goes "Yeah you've got astigmatism. I just want to try these out because this brand doesn't make contacts for astigmatism." I'm like the fuck... okay. He's like, "Wear those for a week and if they don't adjust then let me know." And at that point, I'm like yeah this guy is never gonna see me again. LMFAO. I mean it's not his fault, but I just know my history and he doesn't.

In the past, I've tried several kinds of contacts for this problem, including the absolute best kind (apparently) that money can buy... STILL totally fucked up. Like unwearable. Like heinous hell. Bricks lodged in my fucking eyeballs level of bad.

So after like 20 minutes of wearing these contacts, I started feeling like I was gonna fucking HURL EVERYWHERE. Dude I COULDN'T WAIT to rip that shit out of my face.

I was walking in the parking lot and it was SO WEIRD... the perception was so messed up. I felt SO SHORT. I mean like 2 feet tall. I was just thinking, this IS NOT right. Something about this is just wrong. The way these eye prescriptions fuck with your perception.

There's something more to this blurry vision thing. There's something deeper to this that people have no fucking idea about and I'm gonna FIGURE OUT WHAT IT IS.

Somebody told me to try hard contacts. I'm like... man I don't even wanna fuck with that. I really don't. There's something that's just not right about sticking those things in your eyeballs. Something doesn't add up.

So I started checking out what things look like with the glasses and without the glasses. So with the contacts, everything is just SHORT. As fuck. With the glasses, things look taller. I feel taller. Without the glasses, things look even taller and I FEEL taller. I perceive myself as tall with and without glasses.

PERCEPTION.

It's so key to life in general. Why the hell would people think it's any different with vision?

I've had this same prescription in my glasses for a good 3 years, and they're still totally perfect. PERFECT. Absolutely no problems. So why the hell would I change it?

And I like having the option to see the world as a ball of fuzz if I damn well please.

I don't understand how people can opt for something SO PERMANENT as laser surgery. Shit CAN go wrong. Man if I had laser and I came out of there and stuff didn't look right? I would FREAK the FUCK out. And there would be ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that could be done about it. I am VERY sensitive to this shit... VERY sensitive. That stuff is as permanent and regrettable as plastic surgery. BIG deal. Really big deal. People are CRAZY.

So...

What is the purpose of blurry vision?

What is the purpose of the unique way we see the world, how ever seemingly "imperfect" it is?

Do our eyes change to fit the development of our perception... physically, mentally, spiritually?

Is there ever a time that they stop changing, if we don't keep going to the "doctor" like we're "supposed to" and getting the sharpness cranked up?

I'm gonna find out... I'm going to track the progression. How long it takes, how dramatic the changes end up being. My mental/physical/emotional/spiritual state during that time. All of it.

I'm gonna figure this out... I KNOW there is more to this than I've personally ever heard ANYBODY talk about.
I think you look nice with glasses
(05-11-2017, 01:19 PM)SIX Wrote: I think you look nice with glasses

Thanks hon, that is really sweet of you! I mean people don't tend to tell me I'm ugly as shit with glasses or anything... on the YouTube videos I wear them in for example, nobody's said anything and people still make pervy comments. So it's not like it's a huge deal or something.

And here's the thing about that... if people are gonna be superficial enough to think somebody with glasses is unattractive, those ARE NOT the kinda people you want in your life. Let's just level here and be totally honest.
Interesting thoughts to ponder (this was to the 2nd post, the long philosophical one)
And of course I've read The Art of Seeing by Aldous Huxley (excellent book)...

Even that doesn't really explain the deeper reasons for blurry vision though. Tries to exemplify how to "exercise" the eyes and naturally "improve the vision".

But what of the natural state and its significance?

Gonna figure it out... I promise you that.
(05-11-2017, 01:21 PM)MO Wrote:
(05-11-2017, 01:19 PM)SIX Wrote: I think you look nice with glasses

And here's the thing about that... if people are gonna be superficial enough to think somebody with glasses is unattractive, those ARE NOT the kinda people you want in your life. Let's just level here and be totally honest.

Agreed
I would totally do the laser surgery, it's amazing. I know people that had to wear glasses their whole life and don't have to anymore after the surgery. My husband's friend is in the US army and they did laser surgery on him and he said they gave him super eyesight, like super powered eyesight. Shit people that never wore glasses can see eyesight.

I have astigmatism too, my eye doctor said it happens with age and that laser can't fix it. I just cant see any small print or anything close up. I was reading while I was eating a salad, wearing my glasses (the kind you buy at the supermarket), and I saw things in my salad I had never seen before.
(05-12-2017, 06:03 AM)Cream of Caulk Wrote: My husband's friend is in the US army and they did laser surgery on him and he said they gave him super eyesight, like super powered eyesight.

See that's what I'm saying!!! They cranked up the sharpness/intensity to a degree that would probably be too much for me.

I wonder if anybody's ever committed suicide after laser surgery because of the results.
i committed suicide because i wasn't satisfied with the results of my laser eye surgery, no hold on, i got it wrong, i was conflicted about either committing suicide or getting laser eye surgery, no hold on, i got wrong again, i just contemplated suicide
yeah, that was it! i love wearing glasses, been doing it since i was 4 and it never bothered me cause i saw that daria episode about wearing glasses, that episode really made a lot of sense, i'm glad i saw it
ROFLMAO.

I'm gonna Google "suicide after laser eye surgery" and see what it brings up.

I never WANTED to wear glasses... I just remember looking at the fuzzy stars in the sky circa 9 or so. I said something about how stuff was blurry... ended up with glasses.

I like glasses with yellow tinted lenses. It makes things look super neato.
Holy shit...

There are A LOT of results for suicide and laser eye surgery...

This is chilling.
A quote at this link points out that even crystal clear, i.e. too intense vision has also been a cause of post laser eye surgery suicide...

http://www.lasikcomplications.com/suicide.htm

Am I surprised? No. People shouldn't make permanent changes to their bodies like this... especially not something that deals so heavily with perception.

Wow...

http://www.krounerlaw.com/lasik-resource...-suicides/

Just wow.

So it's not only a perception issue but it can also lead to physical pain. How totally horrifying.

http://lasiksuicides.com/evidence/suicid...o-eye-pain

Extreme dry eyes, seeing multiple images when looking at one image, halos, etc.

Mel B (Scary Spice) of the Spice Girls is blind in one eye after the surgery...

https://www.wddty.com/magazine/2016/marc...rgery.html

This is exceedingly common because the top search recommendations are "lasik ruined my life" and "lasik nightmare".
The answer has come to me.

I can’t believe how obvious it was.

Totally at random I have understood.

We see the way we do as individuals with varying sight because that is how whatever we’re seeing truly ‘looks’, as it relates to our ‘filter’ (body/mind) through which we are perceiving the world.

Whatever we see and however we interpret it is what it truly is, at least as far as it concerns us and relates to our specific ‘coordinate point’, our convergence, the zero point from which our projection emanates... the view from our event horizon.
I dont know the answer but I do know I truly hope you never have to rely on another motherfucker to see clearly MO.
Lasik only fixes scratches when you are old its useless for anything else but they try to sell it for everything. Eyesight is a brain thing.
I have always liked women who wear glasses because my psyche connects it to intelligence, and as MO has said, intelligence is sexy :)
I'm a huge proponent of taking off my glasses when I'm done with the world on certain days. Sometimes even when I'm driving, as an added "fuck you". 

Having 'poor' eyesight is a blessing. Some call it debilitating, I call it "options". 

I'm doing it a LOT lately, lmao. With all the traffic kicking back in now that shit is opening up? It's like 'oh yeah, I remember this sucking'. But now it sucks even harder. Sitting at an intersection, seeing all the placid faces of all the fucking rats waiting to scurry more when the light turns green, feeling like it wouldn't really matter if a meteor took us out? I don't just take my glasses off, I pull the fucking visor down. 

Regarding Huxley, I feel like this is the ultimate bare-bones summing up of what's at the core of the art of seeing:

“Consciousness is only possible through change; change is only possible through movement.” -Huxley 
Panic 
(04-25-2021, 03:25 PM)Atma Wrote: I'm a huge proponent of taking off my glasses when I'm done with the world on certain days. Sometimes even when I'm driving, as an added "fuck you". 

Having 'poor' eyesight is a blessing. Some call it debilitating, I call it "options". 

I'm doing it a LOT lately, lmao. With all the traffic kicking back in now that shit is opening up? It's like 'oh yeah, I remember this sucking'. But now it sucks even harder. Sitting at an intersection, seeing all the placid faces of all the fucking rats waiting to scurry more when the light turns green, feeling like it wouldn't really matter if a meteor took us out? I don't just take my glasses off, I pull the fucking visor down. 

Regarding Huxley, I feel like this is the ultimate bare-bones summing up of what's at the core of the art of seeing:

“Consciousness is only possible through change; change is only possible through movement.” -Huxley 

Did you think you was special when you typed that shit? Permission to open fire Ma'am???

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)