So let's talk about The Beatles...
Coffee 
Longtime Beatles fan, been rockin' the Beatles since childhood, typical story.

Except there may be a few deviations from my story that are less typical than most people's... ROFL!

I acquired Beatles 1 in the early 2000s having already been in the depths of Beatles obsession with The White Album and Abbey Road for sometime.

Beatles 1 is probably the best collection of their most popular material. I loved it so much that I slept with it playing on repeat all night... yeah, that's right. I did. How long did this go on?? I don't know... at least a month.

After being obsessed with that particular collection, I went on a Hard Day's Night bender and watched the movie many times and really enjoyed the album. Songs such as "I'm Happy Just To Dance With You" & "And I Love Her" still oddly remind me of Christmas 2004 and the bitchin' outfit I wore.

Then came my enjoyment of the Let It Be album... never really my favorite, but had some legendary songs. "I Me Mine" was always my favorite.

Ultimately my Beatles obsession culminated in a most memorable season of "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" being the soundtrack to some of the most enjoyable times in my entire life. It was 2005.

I'm going to rank my favorite (original) Beatles albums, but first I'll say this...

I consider the early Beatles to essentially be a different band than the later Beatles. Of course, they ARE the same band. Their sound is still unmistakably unique to them. However, let's face it, they REALLY changed. They went from suits to hippies. There was a dramatic change. And for that reason, my tops are mainly going to consist of ties, as I could never choose between these distinctly different Beatles eras.

1. Abbey Road / A Hard Day's Night

Ah well... even when it's a tie, one always has to be addressed first, doesn't it? Perhaps a tie really isn't a tie after all. Alas, Abbey Road is in my opinion the all-time most iconic Beatles album. There isn't a single song that is 'skippable'.

2. Sgt. Pepper / The White Album

Yes, Sgt. Pepper does come before the White Album in my tie. In fact, The White Album was nearly kicked down to the third position... unthinkable, really. Why would it rank that low?? Well, in my opinion there are some pretty damn skippable songs on The White Album. Unique and unforgettable? Sure. Listen to them casually? LMAO, nah. My favorite songs from the White Album, and the only reason it has a place at number 2, are "Long, Long, Long", "I Will", and "Cry Baby Cry". Of course while I think we can all agree there were other legendary songs (inarguably) including perhaps their greatest song of all time ("While My Guitar Gently Weeps") present on the album, "I Will" tops my personal list and I choose it for its uplifting quality.

As for Sgt. Pepper, my favorite is "A Day In The Life" with "Lovely Rita" being a close second. Of course "Within You Without You" is an honorable mention for its musical uniqueness alone. "When I'm 64" was cute too. Okay okay enough.

3. Rubber Soul

Yeah. That's right. Rubber Soul, with no tie. "Let It Be" doesn't go here. "Help!" doesn't go here. "Revolver" doesn't go here. "Magical Mystery Tour" doesn't go here (shoutout to Strawberry Fields Forever). Nope. It's JUST Rubber Soul. Why? Because Norwegian Wood.

Rubber Soul stands alone in third place because I think it was the first Beatles album that hinted at an evolving band... a deeper Beatles was about to emerge. The Beatles were about to go on a trip, and on the other side, they would later gift the world with what they had understood. Their final albums were the arrival back, settling in, and reflecting upon that trip.
Let's start by embedding my favorite songs from Abbey Road...

In my opinion, the most iconic Beatles album of all.

It's very hard to choose favorites with this album because they're all just so damn good.

But I will go in order by track listing and share my personal faves...

"Something"

I enjoyed playing this one on the bass circa 2004/5. Very easy bassline to tap into.

"Sun King"

"She Came In Through The Bathroom Window"

From "A Hard Day's Night" in order according to tracklisting...

"I Should Have Known Better"

"I'm Happy Just to Dance with You"

"And I Love Her"

From Sgt. Pepper, in order according to tracklisting...

"Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds"

"She's Leaving Home"

"Within You Without You"

"When I'm Sixty Four"

"Lovely Rita"

"A Day In The Life"

The White Album...

"Dear Prudence"

"Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da"

"While My Guitar Gently Weeps"

"Don't Pass Me By"

"I Will"

"Julia"

"Yer Blues"

"Sexy Sadie"

"Long, Long, Long"

"Cry Baby Cry"

And from Rubber Soul, Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)...

From Beatles 1...

"Elenor Rigby"

"Penny Lane"

"Hey Jude"

LMFAOLOLOLOL can we just talk about how creepy "Penny Lane" starts out???

ROFLMFAO, a barber who collects pics of people's heads? Like wow.

Reminds me of this thread...

"Hair Dressers And Barbers Practicing Witchcraft"

http://www.sectual.com/thread-12094.html

Too bad the video's gone...

LilDamned
"Oh! Darling"

"You Never Give Me Your Money"

I'm gonna tell you one thing I don't understand about this (inarguably great) song...

The words.

"Pick up the bags / get in the limousine", "Step on the gas / wipe that tear away"...

Why is he running away with the limo driver and why is the limo driver apparently totally emotional about this?
Huge Beatles fan! They've influenced me more than any other single band or artist.

My Favorite album is the "White" Album. It's not actually named the White album... it's titled The Beatles and the rest of the cover, front and back is just plain white. Coolest album cover ever, in my opinion. Coming right after Sgt. Pepper and that elaborate production and cover art, they kept one step ahead of everyone else (as usual) and released a double album of raw, eclectic songs and a plain cover. I love how amazingly creative they were.

Some of my fav songs off the White Album

[Image: https://di2ponv0v5otw.cloudfront.net/pos...0972c1.jpg]

Revolution  1

I'm so Tired

And Dear Prudence is one of the BEST songs they ever put out

Other songs I love: Norwegian Wood, I am The Walrus (one of my very top favs) , While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Sexy Sadie, Cry Baby Cry, Revolution (the fast version), and just probably a ton more.

The greatest band that will ever be.

In 2019, they re-released Abbey Road and it was the number 3 album for the year, but they sold ACTUAL records...unlike Post Malone and other modern artists who mostly got streams for a fraction of a penny per play., Abbey Road remix sold 82,000 copies of 100$$  plus box set of CDs and Vinyle AND half the sales when to people 35 and below. Amazing
Wow I was wondering what was up with that "2019" remaster on the Abbey Road uploads.

Your top Beatles song picks are so right on... you have the best taste.

I can totally see how they've influenced you... but they inspired a magic in you that is so unique, unlike anything else there has ever been. I love your work.
Thank you! :)

My neighbor just knocked on my door with home made chicken soup for me! OMG. Yum!!

People are so nice to me!

:)
Heart 
They ARE because you're like sunlight shining on the world!

Love you GG, thanks for stopping by tonight...

Starkiss
Here's something I just came across.  It kind of gives a small look at the impact that the Beatles had and continue to have on musicians. Nearly every single person I know that is a musician  - especially song writers, will tell you that the Beatles are a huge influence. Super admired and respected. 

"If it wasn't for the Beatles, there wouldn't be anyone like us around." -Jimmy Page

"They were doing things nobody was doing. Their chords were outrageous, just outrageous, and their harmonies made it all valid… I knew they were pointing the direction of where music had to go.” -Bob Dylan

"The Greatest Band To Ever Walk The Earth!” -Ozzy Osbourne

"There's no outdoing the Beatles. -Brian Wilson

"All I know is when I heard ‘Love Me Do’ on the radio, I remember walking down the street and knowing my life was going to be completely different now the Beatles were in it.” -Justin Hayward

"I don't think anybody comes close to the Beatles, including Oasis." -Brian May

“I took one look on the Ed Sullivan Show and it was ‘Fuck school. This makes it.’ I memorized every Beatles song and went to Shea Stadium and screamed right along with all those chicks.” -Joe Walsh

“The Beatles were the first to actually find that middle path between the artistic and the intellectual, and at the same time still be on the street.” -Keith Richards

“They gave us our first big hit in England, which was a song they wrote “I Wanna Be Your Man.” And we were very grateful for that because it really broke us in England.” -Mick Jagger

“When The Beatles arrived, from then on, a thousand different things arose.” -Pete Townshend

“A big influence was seeing the Beatles on Ed Sullivan. They were a quartet and we said, wow, we can do that. If these guys from England can come out and play rock ‘n’ roll, we can do it … We bought Beatle wigs. We went to the drama store, and I guess they were Three Stooges wigs at that time.” -Doug Clifford

“The lightning bolt came out of the heavens and struck Ann and me the first time we saw the Beatles on ‘The Ed Sullivan Show.’ … There’d been so much anticipation and hype about the Beatles that it was a huge event, like the lunar landing: that was the moment Ann and I heard the call to become rock musicians. I was seven or eight at the time. … Right away, we started doing air guitar shows in the living room, faking English accents, and studying all the fanzines.” -Nancy Wilson

“There is no way I’d be doing what I do now if it wasn’t for the Beatles. I was watching ‘The Ed Sullivan Show’ and I saw them. Those skinny little boys, kind of androgynous, with long hair like girls. It blew me away that these four boys from the middle of nowhere could make that music.” -Gene Simmons

“That one performance changed my life … Up to that moment I’d never considered playing rock as a career. And when I saw four guys who didn’t look like they’d come out of the Hollywood star mill, who played their own songs and instruments, and especially because you could see this look in John Lennon’s face — and he looked like he was always saying: ‘F— you!’ — I said: ‘I know these guys, I can relate to these guys, I am these guys.’ This is what I’m going to do — play in a rock band’.” -Billy Joel

“My favorite artists have always been Elvis and The Beatles and they still are!” -Johnny Ramone

“One of my earliest memories was sitting cross-legged on the floor in the living room of the house I grew up in and looking up at the black-and-white TV set and watching the Beatles on The Ed Sullivan Show. I was five years old and I remember thinking, ‘Wow! That’s what I want to do.’ I know it sounds absurd — most five-year-old boys say they want to be firemen or policemen or baseball players, or even the president. Not me. I wanted to be one of The Beatles" -Richie Sambora

"I think the Beatles are the reason I'm a musician." -Sting

"John Lennon has been my idol all my life." -Kurt Kobain

“Michael Jackson can sell records until the end of time, but he’ll never matter to people as much as The Beatles did. Every record was a shock when it came out. Every single was an event.” -Elvis Costello

“If it weren’t for The Beatles, I would not be a musician.” -Dave Grohl

"The Beatles completely turned the whole world upside down." -Phill Collins

"The greatest band of all time." -Lemmy Kilmister

"Everybody was influenced by somebody. But everyone was influenced by the Beatles." -Alice Cooper

"I fell in love with music through the Beatles. I still think there hasn't been a band as good as them." -Adam Levine

“I do remember actually learning chords to Beatles songs. I thought they were great songwriters.” -Mick Taylor

"Why can't I say I'm a Beatles fan? I used to get criticized for that." -Buck Owens
“When I was a kid, I went through a lot of musical phases, and one was when I’d learn everything that The Beatles ever recorded. After I started drums, I fell in love with their music so much that I
just wanted to learn everything.” -Eric Carr

"You can't love music without the Beatles." -Nick Cannon

“The first time I heard ‘You Really Got a Hold On Me’ by The Beatles, I was very, very, very happy. The Beatles chose one of my songs! And they wrote great songs!” -Smokie Robinson

“I love the Beatles. What more can I say? I’m not gonna lie to you. I love ’em. They make me happy. And I think they were the best, and still are.” -Liam Gallagher

"It is impossible to make an album better than the Beatles." -Kanye West

"They taught me to accept the hard times in life." -Justin Bieber

"I Want to Hold Your Hand is what pop music should be." -Ke$ha

"Their music just made me feel that there is so much good in the world. I bought all of their tapes and CD's." -Taylor Swift

"John, Paul, George, and Ringo changed the entire planet like no one ever will again! They are and always will be the greatest band of all time.” -Steve Luthaker

"The Beatles alone will keep fans and historians busy forever." -Todd Sucherman

“This was different, shifted the lay of the land. Four guys, playing and singing, writing their own material … Rock ‘n’ roll came to my house where there seemed to be no way out … and opened up a whole world of possibilities.” -Bruce Springsteen
Joe Walsh and Nancy Wilson were my favorite quotes...

Amazing the Beatles inspired such legends.
"Mean Mr. Mustard"

"Always shouts out something obscene" ROLMFAO I just love that part.

I just imagine all the weird shit that people have done like that over the years toward the queen.
"Maxwell's Silver Hammer"

Just a pleasant little song about a serial killer!

I always wanted to do a hardcore bluegrass continuation of "Her Majesty"...

The note the song abruptly ends on just takes me straight into this banjo bluegrass riff that could go on forever.

Damn I wish I could play the fucking banjo or the guitar well enough to do something like that.
I grabbed the nearest heinously out of tune guitar and made an incredibly scant and totally lackadaisical effort to half-assedly explain where the song goes for me after it ends...

http://downloads.sectual.com/bluegrasshermajesty.mp3

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)

Disclaimer | Terms Of Service | Privacy Policy

Official Sectual Discord Server

Roleplaying: Every Poster Is A Character