You don't bring me flowers...
Flower 
... so I went out and got them myself.

https://imgur.com/a/VFN337M

You boys need to learn how to treat a lady. Especially you, Kenny. Just because sistuhs are doin' it for themselves doesn't mean we ought to be.

Oh, and here's the song you were expecting. I hope you choke on it.

Very cute garden sweetie! We'd love to see you out there picking weeds in a pair of cut off jean shorts!!!
Maybe someday. Us goth girls don't usually go about in cut-offs though. We have an image to uphold, you know.
They can be black cutoffs...

I got some at WalMart once!
If I do take some pics like that, I'll send them to you in private. I don't think these boys have earned the privilege. Again, especially you, Kenny.
Nodding Yes 
But I bring you powers Big Grin
my cats would love your pine cones
My cats are probably out there loving them right now.
Wave 
You know the idea of fuckin flowers is dumb? Like its the idea you bought her something. Not the stinky flowers that give everyone fuckin hayfever and then everyone is snotting and sneezing all over the fuckin place. I mean buy her a horse or a car or a laptop or something of fucking use ffs.
My favorite spring flower is Queen of the Night Black Tulip.
Aweeee, that's so sweet 52!!!
Audrey was talking to the birds earlier. Heart

https://imgur.com/a/7cDQC69
Okay I started crying before I even clicked the picture.
I've hummingbirds, chickadees, and cardinals since I set out the feeders. Some of the ones I'm counting as cardinals are tiny little fuckers, as if recently booted from the nest.

Elvis was lying on the porch rail earlier. Every so often, he'd casually reach out and whack one of my pink rose buds, breaking the stem. I had to cut two buds off and put them in the vase. Little shitass. Eventually I had occasion to use the "kitty gitter," a spray bottle of water, to put out a small butt kit fire. Elvis fled when he saw it in my hand.

I think Audrey will turn out to be a good bird hunter. I've already found a dead bird at the front door. She's still small and sleek. Agile, fast, and energetic. She really is the spitting image of Hepburn in a cat.
I like Black Night Rider lily's too!
I'm gonna have to transplant the mandevilla.

It's a climber. It put out two long tendrils that are striving in a definite upward direction. One of the tendrils reached across the corner of the porch and latched onto the perch of the hummingbird feeder. I moved it away yesterday, and now it's headed in that direction again.

I mean it would probably look cool and rustic or whatever to leave it in the hanging pot and let it go wild, but I don't want a vine overrunning all the hangy-swingy thangs on the porch.
(05-15-2020, 12:40 PM)Devastatia Wrote: ... so I went out and got them myself.

https://imgur.com/a/VFN337M

You boys need to learn how to treat a lady. Especially you, Kenny. Just because sistuhs are doin' it for themselves doesn't mean we ought to be.

Oh, and here's the song you were expecting. I hope you choke on it.

I used to do landscaping and I just really badly want to throw some mulch in there, and rearrange stuff, lol. Bothers me to 
the point of .....TYPING!

Flower beds can look soooo good after you take the time to me 'em look purrty. 

I don't like weeding so no more than 3 sheets of landscaping cloth. They still come up on the sides a little but I'm not trying to weed
every two weeks, so the cloth has to come. 

Your soil looks really sandy and red clay based. 

Does stuff grow well in that typically? I usually go with potting soil unless the surrounding stuff
is super enriched. Lots of earthworms in a particular patch of ground next to the shed, the part where  I never rake
they love those decomposing leaves.
The soil in that flower bed is a bit sandier than the rest of the yard, which is clay. It was evidently brought in to fill inside the retainer. It's chock full of earthworms.

The mandevilla prefers sand, but I dropped it into the yard with a rose trellis just now. It was in a large hanging pot full of potting soil, which migrated with it. Under the tree probably would've been closer to ideal, but I already had the other setup going on there.

https://imgur.com/a/xep0RzM

It wants to climb, and I'm not one to hinder it from fulfilling its destiny.

I generally don't bother with cloth and mulch and all the other stuff. There's always a good chance anything you plant around here will get crispy-crittered by the sun anyway. I shop the dollar aisle for plants that look interesting. If it grows, it grows. If it doesn't, I'll find something that will.
(05-20-2020, 09:28 AM)Devastatia Wrote: The soil in that flower bed is a bit sandier than the rest of the yard, which is clay. It was evidently brought in to fill inside the retainer. It's chock full of earthworms.

The mandevilla prefers sand, but I dropped it into the yard with a rose trellis just now. It was in a large hanging pot full of potting soil, which migrated with it. Under the tree probably would've been closer to ideal, but I already had the other setup going on there.

https://imgur.com/a/xep0RzM

It wants to climb, and I'm not one to hinder it from fulfilling its destiny.

I generally don't bother with cloth and mulch and all the other stuff. There's always a good chance anything you plant around here will get crispy-crittered by the sun anyway. I shop the dollar aisle for plants that look interesting. If it grows, it grows. If it doesn't, I'll find something that will.

Looks like it will be gorgeous. Yeah, the sun screws stuff up here but about 2-4" of mulch help keep stuff moist. I've only done that for people I've worked for. 
I don't use that stuff at my place; I don't really grow flowers but there's tons already, irises, tiger lilies, wisteria. It really is beautiful here during the spring. I absolutely
LOVE growing stuff, love looking at flowers...they like cute little babies ya raise. 

I do like creative aspect of landscape design though. I like making stuff look perrrty.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)

Disclaimer | Terms Of Service | Privacy Policy

Official Sectual Discord Server

Roleplaying: Every Poster Is A Character