Murphy's Law got all up in my ass tonight
Heart 
First of all, I ran smooth out of time getting https://devastatia.com ready to launch. The chat and alerts box haven't been updated. Search and forum aren't ready yet.

Then the installation was a royal pain. The paths you see in your FTP client aren't the actual paths on the hosting company's server.

And for some reason emojis turned into question marks all of a sudden, so I had to remove most of them from my display name.

Other than that, everything seems to be working.
Social media? No, my friend. Antisocial media. Cool
Yoda 
Will you just marry me honey? I will fix all your stuff for you :)
(02-14-2021, 03:32 AM)Devastatia Wrote: First of all, I ran smooth out of time getting https://devastatia.com ready to launch. The chat and alerts box haven't been updated. Search and forum aren't ready yet.

Then the installation was a royal pain. The paths you see in your FTP client aren't the actual paths on the hosting company's server.

And for some reason emojis turned into question marks all of a sudden, so I had to remove most of them from my display name.

Other than that, everything seems to be working.

Aw, Murph is probably just looking for some of that V-day loving. 

No, you know how it is; usually Murphy shows up if there's anything of substance to fuck with (good things never come easily, and mostly not at all). 

Congratulations on your new turf.
It's brilliant software...

Great work, Dev, but that's an understatement.

I am trying to find where to change to a lighter color...

The site is sort of dark for me, I like things in black and white but white being foremost.

I am sure there's somewhere to change it but I just can't find it.

I can still trying to figure out the site, and I wanted to make so I posted this so I don't forget about this question.
It really is a great piece of software you have there.

You should be very proud my friend.
(02-14-2021, 05:39 AM)ELFUNGUSMAXIMUS Wrote: Will you just marry me honey? I will fix all your stuff for you :)

Nope. I don't have enough stuff that needs fixin' to put up with you the other 99% of the time. LOL

(02-14-2021, 10:48 AM)Star Melter Wrote: Congratulations on your new turf.

Danke, schatzi! Heart
(02-14-2021, 01:45 PM)Mister Obvious Wrote: It really is a great piece of software you have there.

You should be very proud my friend.

I am! And I have you to thank for inspiring and motivating me to do it! Heart
So out of 11 registered users (besides myself), I can probably count on 2 or 3 of them to be repeat visitors.

Strangely, one of my mutual follows on Blab who was "excited" and "looking forward to it" stayed for less than 15 seconds, under a different username than the one I know them by, then e-mailed me with a lame excuse about why they probably wouldn't be back:

https://imgur.com/a/Tzii1Io

Yes, technically you did show up for opening day, just to humor me. Try to curb your enthusiasm next time. Rolleyes

I hope the rest of the people who were "looking forward to it" remember how to spell the domain name when they finally get around to checking it out because I deleted my Blab account last night.
I cannot say I'm particularly disappointed. I didn't have unrealistic expectations about it being an instant success. I know most websites get off to a slow start, and most of the loyal posters will be people who stumble upon the site rather than responding to any promotion I might do. I know people on social media tell you what you want to hear to avoid friction. I know they're more comfortable mashing that like button. I know they're fame whores who expect a huge ready-made audience. I really wasn't expecting much from them.
I'm a Russian Bot!! Wo0t!! lol
(02-15-2021, 12:09 PM)somethingelseishere Wrote: I'm a Russian Bot!! Wo0t!! lol

LOL

If the default profile settings are offensive enough, people will be motivated to change them.
(02-15-2021, 10:51 AM)Devastatia Wrote: Yes, technically you did show up for opening day, just to humor me. Try to curb your enthusiasm next time. Rolleyes

Wasn't talking to anyone here, by the way. That was specifically for the one twit from Blab who was so crass about it.
YOU DELETED YOUR GAB!?!??!?!!?!?!?!?!??!!?

THAT WAS ALL YOU HAD TO ADVERTISE YOUR SITE ON!!!!!!!

You open your site then pump it to your Gab etc. et al audience bro!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!
HOW CUDDDD YEWWWWWW
Fuck Blab. I spent 3 months hawking the site to 1,100 followers there. My follower count plateaued a month ago. That goldmine has run dry, as far as I'm concerned.
How are you gonna promote your site??

So do member profiles have a direct link?
Anyone on Blab who gives a shit will know where to find me if they start missing me. The rest of them were never interested in the first place. I'll find another way to promote it.
Yeah I hear you!!!
Yoda 
Mo I don't like her anymore.
Can we beat her up? Shes a Scorpio like?
MO can beat me up if she wants. You'll have to watch.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)

Disclaimer | Terms Of Service | Privacy Policy