Songs that randomly pop into your head...
Is it random?

TBH I don't even really like that song all that much, it's not even an Elton John song that I've historically listened to.

I've only ever heard it on the radio... but it's kinda like a meme to me, so that is the only reason I'd think of it.

Yet it popped into my head for seemingly no reason whatsoever with no type of meme intention attached to it.
I don't really remember it sounding that way though...

Maybe that's the wrong version!

I dunno...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCm8c9FMYj8

Apparently that's really what it sounds like.

Damn, I wish it sounded like I remember.
I remember the song being way more musically powerful and... sharp.

It was much higher quality than that.
I typed that post out like 15 min ago and forgot to hit send. ROFL!
But yeah, this is like a big deal to me because I remember as a kid I didn't particularly like the song but everybody's favorite part is obviously the namesake line "Can you feel the love tonight?" And I've always been like, hell yeah, I can feel the love tonight.

I've always had a pretty decent ear and taste for music even though I get criticized for my selections...

And I'm pretty sure I'd remember if it was really that bland originally.

I think they fucked with it.
As a small child, I was hearing this song on an intercom stereo system... and it still sounded better than it does on these uploads.
That's like, the least great era of Elton John. Even that song he had in the early 2000s was better than this shit!
I'm just not a fan of the 90s.
I hate Elton John because his songs are such earworms. Those tunes stay stuck in your head FOREVER, even if you HATE them!
CAAAAAN YOU FEEEEEEL THA LOOOOOVE TO NNIIIIGHT TOOO NIIIIIGHHGHHGHHTTTT
That's what I remember it sounding like.
Bernie Taupin knows what he is doing. It helps to have a magician crafting your songs in regards to creating earworms.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_so...nie_Taupin
Yup...

The man behind the curtain.
mo slept in a crib in her parents room until the age of 10

no accounting for what that did to her taste in music
I think we may be just little robots that some alien kids are allowed to mess around with by using space computers that control our little brains ,... WHY ELSE WOULD I KEEP POSTING ON SECTUAL for so long
Idk, sounds exactly as I remember it.

Elton John was such a weird choice for The Lion King. It was a coming-of-age film (a kids movie at that) that loosely follows the plot of Hamlet. Just seems really out of place. An extended reprise of Be Prepared or Circle of Life would've been more appropriate.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)