pickles
Woozy 
i fucking love dill pickles. WHY ARE PICKLES SO EXPENSIVE NOW? WHY IS THERE ALUMINUM IN THEM? WHY IS THERE PRESERVATIVES WHEN THE ENTIRE FUCKING IDEA OF PICKLING SOMETHING IS TO PRESERVE IT?

really love dill pickles. so good with smoked salmon or chicken.

DON'T FUCK WITH MY PICKLES YOU BASTARD ILLUMINATIS.
I hadn't noticed them being more expensive... I will pay closer attention next time.

I get trusty WalMart brand in everything I can... I don't do name brands unless I have to!!!

Their hamburger dills are great, not as good as the classic cheapo quality of Mt. Olive brand...

But definitely more 'authentic'...

I actually opted for gherkin petites the last time I put in a WalMart order.

This thread has ensured that jar is about to get opened in less than 5 minutes.

Pickles were something I stocked up hard on in 2020, they are a TEOTWAWKI prepper staple.
Embarrassed 
Polskie Ogorki picklesĀ are pretty darn cool.
Update:

I couldn't get the jar open.

I tried every method on it and determined it'll have to go in storage and be left with the other two jars that also won't open.

I keep these "reluctant jars" in their own special area of storage. I have a rule about jars that refuse to open...

It's either not time for them yet, or there's something wrong with them.

They are set aside for "absolute last resort" use.

But while I was putting them away, I actually found two brand new large jars of Mt. Olive hamburger dill chips which I had no idea were there, so I'll be eating those instead.
take a rounded top table knife and put the tip between the metal lid and glass rim. verrrry carefully pry just a tad until you get a lil movement. voila, you can now open your jar normally.

mt olive is good. i went with one of the local grocery chain brands this time as it was the first i found without all the nonsense added to it.
Yeah man I tried that too, it used to be my #1 method back in the day...

I feel like it stopped working damn near a decade ago. No BS.

They got wise or something and now they leave absolutely no space whatsoever for it to work.

I am convinced these specific jars are just not meant to be accessed.
There used to be a specific place around the seams of the mouth of the jar that allowed the knife to slip under at the perfect area...

I think it was a change in the construction of jar lids that caused this method to not work anymore and it was probably purposeful.
And I mean, you used to be able to get all up in it with the knife method too, I remember enjoying the process and seeing if I could touch the knife to the top of the lid from underneath just as a game.

I admit that while I was doing that, I always thought to myself "How secure are these sealed jar lids anyway?" Even though I was glad it worked, I still criticized the fact that it worked.

So they fixed it. I SHOULD HAVE KEPT MY THOUGHTS TO MYSELF!!!
My collection of "jars that won't open" so far consists of this jar of dill gherkins, a jar of salsa, and a little jar of capers.

Of all of them, the capers are the ones I wish would have opened when I wanted them to.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)