My pet stink bug!
Heart 
I don't have a photo of him, but he's over here on an electrical cord.

It's very cold outside and he's been in here since lastnight, poor thing would freeze anywhere but inside the house!

I just put out a bottlecap with some water and half a pecan because I read they eat pecans.

Dunno if he'll ever find it, but I hope he does! It's right in front of him!

They really are super cute and look so badass!

https://imgur.com/a/nim8JWd

I've rescued a lot of stink bugs over the years right in my hand and whatnot, none of them have ever stanked on me!
He just walked over to the edge of the table, braced himself, then flew straight into the blinds and hit the floor...

Big Sad Nana
He walked right past the bottlecap.

I'm sensing angst.
He's back on the electrical cord again! WTF, hahaha! I love this little bastard!
I feel bad for him though, like...

He'll probably just kill himself flying around in here.

Usually when I find them dead, it seems like they died of dehydration.

I think that's what'll get him eventually.

I tried!
I'll leave the bottlecap with waterlogged pecan out all day just in case he ever wises up.
Quote:Stink bugs are native to Southeast Asia, and never developed adaptations to help them survive cold. Even if they entered diapause outside, their bodies would freeze and they would die.

https://www.griffinpest.com/blog/interce...wintertime

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crying
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_marm..._stink_bug

Scroll down to "Lifecycle"...

LOOK HOW CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think stink bugs must be prehistoric. I can't find any info about it though.
They can live 6-8 months, that's a long time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:Stink bugs get their name from the unpleasant odor they produce when they are threatened.

https://www.orkin.com/pests/stink-bugs/w...bugs-stink

It must really take a lot for them to feel threatened, because I've picked a lot of them up and put them outside etc. and they never let off any odor.

Getting picked up and carried (some instances less graceful/careful than others) by a massive unknown giant would qualify as feeling threatened if you ask me, but...

Hmmm. Just makes me wonder about how much they can sense, how they perceive, etc.
I opened the blinds a little bit so he could get up next to the window. Maybe he'll sense how cold it is and put two and two together that it's dangerous out there for him right now.

The issue with these winged folks is that they always try to go toward the light, and always try to fly up higher and higher.
He's sunning himself on the reverse side of the blinds...

It's making things seem deceptively warm, when really it's in the low teens outside.

Poor feller, I feel like he just isn't gonna understand the necessity of his captivity.

I'm trying to give him a good life! I wonder if they eat grapes.
i hate those things so much >_>
Lmao.

It's my job to be that annoying person who likes stuff most people in their right mind just absolutely would not.
Heart 
My pet stinkbug, the poor dusty thing!!!

Love youuuuu!!!

Blowkiss
IS IT REALLY THAT GREEN?

I HAVE CAPS LOCK ON FROM UNRELATED SHITPOSTING.
ALSO I HEARD CLIF
Dude is it just me or like...

Are Mr. Stinkbug's antennas moving to the sound of Clif's voice almost exactly??

LOL!!!

LilDamned
He was directly underneath a light, crawling up my cabinet/wall thingy, so the color is a bit intense.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)