So just exactly how far down into the ground does land ownership go??
Hmmm 
Seems like a question that could be pertinent in the future what with all the infrastructure that's bound to be built under there by God Emperor Elon...

shrug
in the usa you have rights as property owner down as far as you can tunnel/ drill , whoever gets the permit for mineral extraction under your land must make a deal with you for royalties ...around 25% in Texas for oil , instant riches

in canada they have no rights as property owners , if you wanna dig for minerals on your own damn property you need a permit and must pay royalties to government
many oil wells in permian basin go down over 3 miles now and whoever owns the land above gets 25% of all revenue brought in by the oil , many filthy rich ranchers

but yeah 3 miles its the deepest so far that is practical as temperatures rise quite high even at that depth causing drill bits to fail much faster than normal
Thank you for the answers Guest!!!

Three miles is a long way.

Imagine if you owned a piece of land that went on for three miles on the surface.

It's all very interesting to think about.
she played the   bimbo but Anna Nichole knew what was up 

texas rancher who only got rich cuz they drilled his land for oil 
but I think his family basically blocked her from getting all the money and maybe even killed her

just imagine those two banging 

[Image: https://www.interviewmagazine.com/wp-con...rshall.jpg]
Well, my thought was just that it all seems a bit arbitrary. The concept of "land ownership" just seems made up when you look at it in this context.

If I could drill STRAIGHT down through my land piece of land 1000 miles, do I still own that final point the drill reaches to??

What if I had a drill long enough to pop through the other side of the world and it comes out in China? Do I own that?

Of course those things aren't REALLY possible, but... this is my line of thinking. And especially in the example about Canada, I think that really says it all. We just don't "own" anything, an overarching power is always able to claim right to it, given the necessary circumstances for them to do so.

The concept of ownership just seems like a finite thing to base one's life around. I think owning the land is fine, as long as you stay realistic that it's really just leased no matter what... stop paying those taxes, suddenly it's not yours. An emergency happens that causes the government to strong-arm you off your own land, suddenly it's not "yours"... it's all just made up.
(06-10-2022, 03:14 PM)Guest Wrote: she played the   bimbo but Anna Nichole knew what was up 

texas rancher who only got rich cuz they drilled his land for oil 
but I think his family basically blocked her from getting all the money and maybe even killed her

just imagine those two banging 

[Image: https://www.interviewmagazine.com/wp-con...rshall.jpg]

Anna Nicole loved that man... I know it's an unpopular opinion, but her life was just hard and shitty enough to make it possible/true. It's not like things ended up working out for her anyway... rumor has it they killed her son.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrCPIPODDF8
Regardless, he loved her for her kindness at the end of his life. It may appear like a "typical" gold digger situation on the outside, but I hate to disappoint... it just wasn't. Rest in peace, Anna Nicole.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)

Are You Entertained?

Disclaimer | Terms Of Service | Privacy Policy

This Is Your Mind Online