Testing out D.Tube as a YouTube alternative...
Book 
Critical update to this topic, from page 4: http://www.sectual.com/thread-5338-post-...#pid101336

Ran across this vid today in my sub box from a channel I definitely don't remember subbing to...

Anyway, it's just getting so ridiculous and YouTube is becoming insufferable. He mentions http://d.tube in this video and it's apparently owned by Steemit. My qualm with Steemit was always its lack of promise as a YouTube alternative. Well it's the first I've heard of this platform and on first glance it looks pretty promising. So I set up my channel and am currently attempting an upload. Maybe it'll be worth a shit. Maybe not. But definitely worth a try since YouTube just seems doomed.
To be honest I already see like 3.5 issues with the site...

But whatever. It's obviously a pretty new thing so I will give them the benefit of a doubt, I'm sure they'll be improving things if they... keep existing or whatever.
I'm kinda burned from that whole Vid.Me thing and how they...

Ceased to exist.

It was pathetic and lame but they did not (at all) run things properly anyway so, it was inevitable.
wow i had just posted about d.tube and steemit in the jonesy thread. you got your account approved already?
rhombus will set you free.
“Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.” ― Michael Ellner
YouTube demonetizing literally everything takes away basically all incentive to post on their platform. But it also makes you just care a lot less about whether what you upload has copyrighted music in it or whatever kinda stupid shit like that. Since it can't be monetized, well who fuckin' cares? Wild wild west up in this bitch.

I'd like to listen to music in the background while I'm talking in a video or just generally use music in the video... I wonder if this D.Tube platform allows that.

https://about.d.tube/

Only the users can "put a censorship"?? What the fuck kinda english is that? See, the site LOOKS real good... but when you get into the nooks and crannies, it's like WTF is this.

So they DO shop themselves as a wild wild west situation. Wonder how true that really is though?

OMG man... uploading takes FOR. FUCKING. EVERRR. That's why I basically never do this shit... it's just so unbelievably obnoxious and I legitimately hate it.
(02-24-2018, 04:21 PM)genba Wrote: wow i had just posted about d.tube and steemit in the jonesy thread. you got your account approved already?

Well I already had a Steemit account...

It was sort of tricky to figure out how the hell to log into D.Tube though.

I guess they got a kinda Googley thing going on where it's all tied into one account or something.

Currently trying to upload a super long vid (for me).
It's a currently existing vid.
As in like... it's not a new vid.

Because I basically hate making videos LMAO!

I truly wish I didn't loathe effort so much...

Okay no I don't. That wasn't genuine.

Makes me wonder about myself though.
you ever mess around with FL studio? that is making your own music? i had a lot of fun taking midi files of classical music, importing them, taking certain riffs, and then layering effects / beats on top of it.
“Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.” ― Michael Ellner
effort isn't bad, but wasting effort is annoying as shit. might as well have done nothing lol.
I have used different software and methods in exploring making my own music. I've had fun doing it, but it's so time consuming that I truly don't feel it's part of what I'm supposed to be doing in life. Unless it gets way easier on a multitude of fronts, it's unlikely I will ever do it in any serious way.
Ya those quality music programs need you to do a deep diving. Learning Photoshop is a piece of cake in comparison.
So the video has FINALLY uploaded, but it's giving me some completely retarded error about having to upload a "snap" (thumbnail) of the video before it will SUBMIT. Which I've uploaded like 5 times and the progress wheel just keeps spinning...

No, I will not be attempting to upload this video again.
I'll be forced to upload some short, stupid video instead.
I think the problem is the browser I'm using (Safari) which the entire internet seems to hate now...

Obnoxious.
Pathetic even.
Yep.

It was the browser.

I decided to use Chrome...

I said to myself, "Okay, they don't like Safari, well let's just go ahead and spelunk right in the asshole of the Beast."

Facepalm

Pieces of shit...

Fucking despise Chrome.

I was able to upload a stupid little Alex Jones vid.
LOL...

https://d.tube/#!/v/sectual/al4z7ohm

I fucking love Alex Jones though.

It's like the sight and sound of Alex immediately triggers oxytocin.
I'll just upload all the Alex Jones videos...

I love Alex.
I love Alex deeply and truly with the swift currents of 1000 rivers of emotion.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)

Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy

You are what you think about. This is your mind online.