My New Music
Crankin' out some new noise.

[redacted]
Agreed, the drums in "Dead Drop" are great... there's sort of this 'double' effect like an echo, I dunno how to describe the sound. But that sort of heavy kinda atmospheric body is what I always aim for when I'm re-editing retrowave songs.

I love dark heavy sexy tunes.

I could see it being played at the end of some kinda horror movie while the credits roll.
Great music, very unique... it's like dimension upon dimension, there's never a shallow or simple quality to it.
(04-04-2020, 09:54 AM)Rocky Mountain Lover Wrote: Are you playing the drums? It sounds fucking great. I have it on loop right now.

God I wish. It's one of the many software drummers in Logic Pro X.
I think I used Jesse for this one. Jesse on the Smash kit is my go-to, haha.
And thanks!
(04-04-2020, 11:12 AM)Mister Obvious Wrote: Agreed, the drums in "Dead Drop" are great... there's sort of this 'double' effect like an echo, I dunno how to describe the sound. But that sort of heavy kinda atmospheric body is what I always aim for when I'm re-editing retrowave songs.

I love dark heavy sexy tunes.

I could see it being played at the end of some kinda horror movie while the credits roll.

I used a light distortion and a small room reverb on the drums. 
And thank you for your always-inspiring feedback!  : )
Good work
Is it a live drum kit or a drum machine? Impressive either way. It takes a good understanding of drumming to make a drum machine sound authentic.
Thanks, Guest!
It's a software drummer in Logic Pro. They're "loops & samples" recorded using real
kits that can be modified in a million ways. From your choice of Drummer to what
kit they use, the parameters of each kit, the tuning of each separate drum, oh man
it's ENDLESS!! lol

I find myself having to set some pretty serious limits when fooling with Logic or
else I'd never make any decisions OR get anything else in life done!
This dude gives a pretty good demo of Logic Pro's Drummer.
Although, since this video has been made LP has updated with more 
Drummers, totaling 32 now. That's 32 different Drummers you can
switch out with 20 different drum kits, not to mention drum machine
kits, like the famed 808. It's literally endless drum sounds! 

From 5:07 - 21:50

I started making a song using GarageBand on Mac a few years back.

I was sort of surprised by how many sounds there were to choose from but there was basically unlimited possibility with what you could make.

I was playing the drums by pushing keys... it blew my fuckin' mind. And I was surprised that it wasn't easier than I thought it should have been, considering... it was actually pretty hard. Frustrating. I never really got it right, but there was a decent segment of the song that didn't have any fuckups. Lol!

I much prefer editing other people's songs. I'll hear a song that I like, but it's too fast... so I slow it down. This is what usually happens with retrowave. I'll throw an echo on it to make the drums and bass more "atmospheric" as I call it. I generally tend to make the songs more heavy.

Here's an example...

Original:

How I prefer it:

Yes!! That's cool, I like the idea of that!
It's like how some bands have songs and other bands
come along and do a cover of a fast song, but slowed down
and it sounds so killer, like a completely new and different song!

I have totally been wanting to do this. Slowed down covers of songs.
Here's a couple I really like:

Do it man...

Do it.
(04-05-2020, 12:19 PM)Mister Obvious Wrote: I started making a song using GarageBand on Mac a few years back.

I was sort of surprised by how many sounds there were to choose from but there was basically unlimited possibility with what you could make.

I was playing the drums by pushing keys... it blew my fuckin' mind. And I was surprised that it wasn't easier than I thought it should have been, considering... it was actually pretty hard. Frustrating. I never really got it right, but there was a decent segment of the song that didn't have any fuckups. Lol!

I much prefer editing other people's songs. I'll hear a song that I like, but it's too fast... so I slow it down. This is what usually happens with retrowave. I'll throw an echo on it to make the drums and bass more "atmospheric" as I call it. I generally tend to make the songs more heavy.

Here's an example...

Original:

How I prefer it:

The beginning of that song reminds me of this one...

Hmmm 
What’s that line on the TV?

Nodding Yes 
Send me a telly vision..

Flipoffnana 
Absolutely brilliant idea. Idea

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)

Disclaimer | Terms Of Service | Privacy Policy