Trump Banned From Social Media, Should've Had His Own Website To Begin With
He never should have relied on the MSM/corporate owned social media sites.

He should have known this would happen and he should have had his own social media/news site and channel from the start.

I've said this before.

It's too late now...

He should have done it in his heyday.

If he does it now, it'll be maybe half as successful as it would have been.

It was dumb to count on the social media ghettos to be stable platforms to share his messages on...

He should have taken communication with the people more seriously than he did...

Using corporate owned social media was not a good tactic and he should have remedied the situation in his first year as president.
It's a banning of all conservative ideology...

If they're gonna do it to the president, no one is safe.

No talk of loving liberty, putting America first, no talk of rampant censorship in the media...

Not allowed.
i disagree. there were like a dozen sites that all banned him [and more importantly others] in unison, just like there were so many other countries saying the exact same negative rhetoric towards him.

it's been a `conspiracy theory` that there will the orwellian panopticon censoring wrongthink - now it is fact that the corporations will do this to anyone including the POTUS.

this needs to play out a bit more before existing platforms are either dissolved or repurposed.
rhombus will set you free.
“Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.” ― Michael Ellner
Have you been catching flak, or has your hosting company been pressured to drop Sectual?

Amazon is expected to kick Parler off their hosting services any day now. Gab is already experiencing severe availability issues due to an ongoing influx of Twitter refugees, despite adding more servers. It'll get worse when all the Parler users flock to Gab.

Maybe now people will finally understand what we've been harping on for years: namely, the perils of putting all your eggs in the social media basket.

(01-09-2021, 06:15 PM)Devastatia Wrote: Maybe now people will finally understand what we've been harping on for years: namely, the perils of putting all your eggs in the social media basket.

Then again, they'd apparently rather sit there and deal with an overloaded server for hours on end than leave the gilded cage and spend a little time relaxing on a private site until Blab finally comes back up. Sometimes I feel that when I get my site up and running, it'll prove to have been a complete waste of time. The real Web doesn't exist for most people anymore. It's all "muh social media" now.

Shit's going down way beyond the scope of internet hosting...
I mean I hear you Dev, but I'm just saying.
https://gab.com/realdonaldtrump
(01-09-2021, 09:09 PM)Mister Obvious Wrote: Shit's going down way beyond the scope of internet hosting...

I know. I was just telling my followers that being able to speak freely on the interwebz is the least of their concerns now.

I think the Blab developers are hopelessly out of their depth. They're supposedly installing $50,000 worth of new equipment to handle the traffic load, but it's been getting worse and worse to the point that you can't even post or see other people's posts.

He did have the trumpstore online but the hosting service cancelled him after the capitol riot. 

What's up with beautiful young girls liking an ugly old man? Oh  yeah. Cash...

You're name is mud will be replaced with your name is Trump and in 300 years people will have to 

googleplex the meaning behind the futuristic idiom "you're name is trump."
(01-09-2021, 10:29 PM)Devastatia Wrote: I think the Blab developers are hopelessly out of their depth. They're supposedly installing $50,000 worth of new equipment to handle the traffic load, but it's been getting worse and worse to the point that you can't even post or see other people's posts.

This is what Blab looks like now, thanks to the mass exodus from Twitter and Parler:

https://imgur.com/a/N0whubA

You're lucky if you can post 5 messages a day. Never mind having a conversation.

I preached yesterday about building your own site and not depending on a single website to preserve free speech online. I think people are starting to get the point.

kA
(01-09-2021, 10:29 PM)Devastatia Wrote: I think the Blab developers are hopelessly out of their depth. They're supposedly installing $50,000 worth of new equipment to handle the traffic load, but it's been getting worse and worse to the point that you can't even post or see other people's posts.

They'll be lucky if they ever really come back up...

Just another reason everyone needs their own site.

Individuals aren't typically popular enough for traffic to bring their site down, and if they are, chances are they have the $$$ to pay for adequate hosting.

You can't have huge swathes of the internet attempting to access one single site, can you?? Come on.

That's not the way it's supposed to be.
If Donald had made his own platform FROM THE START, it would be huge if they ultimately censored it the way they are doing now...

They're trying to stand behind the "private company" excuse for the social media ghettos like Twitter/FB.

Really, this is a huge trespass against American sovereignty the likes of which we have never seen before.

"Silicon Valley" social media corps just deplatformed/censored/banned the sitting President of the United States of America...

That's no small deal. That's gravely serious. They are now an enemy of the entire world, and should be treated as such.
Panic 
(01-12-2021, 10:11 AM)Mister Obvious Wrote: If Donald had made his own platform FROM THE START, it would be huge if they ultimately censored it the way they are doing now...

They're trying to stand behind the "private company" excuse for the social media ghettos like Twitter/FB.

Really, this is a huge trespass against American sovereignty the likes of which we have never seen before.

"Silicon Valley" social media corps just deplatformed/censored/banned the sitting President of the United States of America...

That's no small deal. That's gravely serious. They are now an enemy of the entire world, and should be treated as such.

He is the President of the United States, he can only do certain things publicly.
Wait until hes not President no more.
Watch this slimy swamp fall.
But Mars will not want war? I don't think you will.
Keep sucking the men into your pussy for now.
Neptune got your 6.
What The Fuck
Flipoffnana 
(01-12-2021, 10:41 AM)Mister Obvious Wrote: What The Fuck

Read the shit mullet lol
Stop trying to be so quiescent.
How cold is it there haha haha
(01-12-2021, 10:07 AM)Mister Obvious Wrote: They'll be lucky if they ever really come back up...

Just another reason everyone needs their own site.

Individuals aren't typically popular enough for traffic to bring their site down, and if they are, chances are they have the $$$ to pay for adequate hosting.

You can't have huge swathes of the internet attempting to access one single site, can you?? Come on.

That's not the way it's supposed to be.

Blab worked fairly well between 11 PM and 2 AM when I went to bed last night. Now it's under heavy load again, although not nearly as bad as it has been for the last few days.

Someone also pointed out that Cloudflare is owned by Google, so Blab will have to build out their own DDoS mitigation infrastructure too if Cloudflare boots them. The DDoS is being caused by legit traffic right now, so Cloudflare isn't helping anyway.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)

Disclaimer | Terms Of Service | Privacy Policy